Friday, May 27, 2011

Scan 25 wks and 5 days!

We had the most amazing scan today! Babies happy and healthy and my cervix is holding.. YAY!! Little Angel's growth is slowing a bit, but baby is doing well! The blood flow is great and the brain development looks great. The tummy is shrinking (only measuring at 22 weeks) but she said we can feed that up on the outside! Blessing is growing at almost the same rate as if he/she was a single baby! Angel was 620 grams this week and Blessing was 860 grams. On average a single baby grows at 150 grams per week at this stage so the fact that Blessing is growing at 140 grams is amazing.

They started giving me Celestone shots today to speed up the babies' lung development. Even though my cervix is holding they are worried about the slowing growth of Angel. Because of the marginal cord insertion it'll continue to get harder for Angel to get enough nutrients, etc so they are predicting that we'll get to a point where it'll make more sense to take them out and feed Angel on the outside. Dr. Morris said if I make it to 32 weeks I'll be doing REALLY well, but that she wouldn't be surprised if they come much earlier. Our next scan on June 10th will be very telling! I'm really hoping I can keep them in much longer than 32 weeks and am thinking very positive thoughts. I also keep telling the babies that it's cold outside so they need to stay in as long as they can!!

I'll upload the scan pics as soon as I can!! It's a bit tough from bed so I have to wait until Andrew has a sec to do it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment