Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Pheew!! Labor Stopped, but Bestrest Continues...

I got to get out of the house today to go to the Dr. It's only been 4 days, but my body is sore from laying still and I'm SO happy to get outside!

I cried the whole way to the Dr's office. I don't know if it's all these extra hormones or if I was just really worried about that the Dr was going tell us, but I couldn't stop! Poor Andrew didn't know what to do with me so he just drove.

The Dr gave us some very good news today. The drugs and bedrest were working! My contractions had stopped and my cervix was short, but holding! Back to bed I was sent! Dr said it was highly unlikely that I'd be taken off bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy. I'm just starting my 22nd week so there's a chance I'll be in bed for up to 15 weeks! What am I ever going to do with myself?? :)

Dr. Hulme also suggested that we take a short tour of the ICU since it's looking like we'll end up spending a significant amount of time there. The nurses were so friendly and you can see that they care so much about those babies, but the babies were SO tiny. There was a 4 day old little girl in there who only weighed 600g. She could fit in the palm of my hand and was hooked up to a million machines. One of the nurses walked us through what everything was, how they handle the babies, what life's like for parents with babies in the ICU, how the babies go up and down, etc. I'm really glad we did it, but it was very emotional for me. I started crying again while we were there and am tearing up just writing this. I know they'll be in good hands, but the thought of them on all those tubes isn't nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment