Friday, April 15, 2011

Scan 19 Weeks & 5 Days





We considered ourselves the luckiest people alive this day! Baby A started to grow again!!! The Dr. couldn't believe her eyes and kept asking what we had done in the last 2 weeks because she'd never seen a little one turn around like this. We explained all about the energy work, improved supplements, bedrest, all the people routing for them and more! All she could say was that she was SO happy and that we must keep doing what we'd been doing because it was working!

While were we in Plet we started talking about names and gave the babies nicknames for now because Baby A and Baby B sound too generic. They are now referred to as Angel and Blessing! They started kicking up a storm in Plet and it's the best feeling ever! I know I probably shouldn't, but I would sometimes poke them to get them to kick just so I would know they were ok!

Angel was still smaller this week, but the bladder and head (therefore brain development) had caught up so nicely! The stomach was still very small, but the Dr said a baby can always gain weight later! We weren't in the clear, but felt so much better that our efforts were making a difference and that we could help our little one! This week they weighed 241 g and 280 g.

Dr. Morris got some very cute pics of our babies this week! In the one photo they were even looking at each other! We are so in love with our babies and soooo relieved that surgery is off the table for now!

1 comment:

  1. What exactly did you do to turn your baby around??? I am in the exact same situation now and I am nearly 17 weeks with identical twin boys with one baby (Baby B) about 6 days behind baby A in terms of growth. I will be getting my next scan on 4/12. The perinatologist didn't give me very many options at our last appointment...just said that we had to wait and see. I am so scared for my babies and bedrest is tough because I have a 1-year old. After reading many blogs and articles on the subject I have completely changed my diet (I started eating more) and am doing 3 Boost high protein shakes per day, aspirin therapy and CoQ10 and a good prenatal vitamin. I am praying that this helps because I cannot bear the thought of losing one or both of these babies. I hope you see this.

    A. Romero

    ReplyDelete